Saturday, October 12, 2013

To Save or Not to Save

Who knows how long I'll live.  I could be hit by a bus!
Consider the real probability.  The likelihood of living longer is much higher than a life threatening event coming to pass.  And living requires economic resources.  Saving helps.

Money is the root of all evil.
Instead of money, think about the term "economic resources."  Acquiring resources is the result of your sweat equity.  That equity can be traded for future goods and services.  Saving is the way.

I'll marry someone rich.
How did your spouse get rich?  Not by spending all their resources but by saving and building wealth.

I have just had a job loss.  I need money for my emergency fund and to pay off high interest credit card debt.
Spending money for these reasons is the right thing to do.  However, after these challenges have been met, return to a regular savings schedule.

I don't make enough money to save.
Saving is a mindset.  Small amounts are meaningful and no amount is too small to save.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home